Monday, May 21, 2012

Introduction

Welcome to my corner of the web.



My intention is to use this blog to post about hiking.  Primarily, I intend to post trip reports with photos and potentially video.  I may also post various ramblings, gear reviews, and other stuff as time goes by.  Right now I'm not completely sure what this blog will become, if anything, but feel like keeping an online journal of my hikes might be fun to do.

For basic information, I'm a 32 year old male who lives in Phoenix Arizona.  I've been backpacking and hiking for about 15 years.  In the year 2000, I hiked a thousand mile section of the Pacific Crest Trail.  On the trail, I was christened with the trail name "Lizard," hence the blog title. Since then, I've explored all around the western US.  The actual amount of time I spend hiking has waxed and waned over the years, but its continued to be my #1 interest, and has lost little of its fascination over time.  In the last two years, there's been a big increase in how much hiking I'm doing.  I'm making more money now, and that's increased my range, allowing me to spend time exploring areas in Southern Utah, Colorado, and Wyoming, not just Arizona (for the record, the above photo was taken in August 2011, in Wyoming's Wind River Range, just east of Knapsack Col).  I'm planning some bigger trips, including a long solo backpack in the Canadian Rockies this summer, so it seems like a fortuitous time to start up a blog. 

Ok, enough for now.  To close out, here's a photo of my girlfriend in the Subway at Zion National Park, where we visited a few weeks back.  Hopefully, we'll have lots more stuff like this to add in future posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment